These public workshops follow a format and content developed for NWM clients and provide valuable insights into the world of social media.
Wednesday April 25th
- DBS Managed Offices, Market Street, Castle Donington, DE74 2JB
- Arrival and refreshments 09:30
- Workshop commences 10:00
- Workshop closes 15:30
- There will be short breaks and a 30-minute lunch break during the day.
- Tea and coffee and a buffet lunch will be provided
- £198.00 including VAT (£165.00 ex VAT). The fee must be paid in full in advance of the workshop.
- Please call 01332 856 999 or email Faye Coton.
Few marketing programmes can be considered complete without an effective Social Media element. Social Media provides a cost-effective channel of communication to customers, prospects and society at large for both B2C and B2B marketers.
This workshop will equip both ‘newbies’ and more experienced practitioners with the process, techniques and knowledge to plan and implement an effective Social Media campaign for their business. The day will include practical ‘hands-on’ sessions.
Social media strategy
- Audit — Your current social media footprint & key competitors
- Plan — Social media strategy using paid, owned and earned
- Prepare — Channel content strategy definition
- Implementation – Tools, resource and budget to deliver strategy
Social media planning and content creation
- Audit – Post types and tactics
- Plan – Social content planning
- Prepare – Creating social content
- Implementation – How to use social media platforms
The workshops will use a unique plan which enables users to:
- Develop a marketing strategy
- Understand your market environment
- Market segmentation and targeting
- Brand differentiation and positioning
- Develop a Social Media strategy
- Social Media audit
- Your Social Media objectives
- Content strategy
- Taking your prospects on a journey: Reach, Act, Convert, Engage
- Social media planning and content creation
- Using owned, earned and paid media to:
- Increase brand awareness
- Establish brand positioning
- Deepen customer relationships
- ‘Thought Leadership’
- Generate sales leads
- Practical session on how to use social channels using best practice, including channel optimisation
- Creating effective content
The workshops will be led by Kirstie Smith and John Bradley.
Kirstie Smith has over 6 years’ experience working in Social Media as a practitioner and more recently teaching the subject at Birmingham City University. Kirstie has extensive experience in B2C markets and currently works for clients in the fashion, hospitality and food sectors. Kirstie will present the Social Media Strategy, Plans and Content sections of the workshop and lead the ‘hands-on’ sessions.
John Bradley has over 30 years’ experience of sales and marketing management in competitive international B2B markets. A former Marketing Director of JCB, John has studied marketing strategy and planning at INSEAD Paris, Cranfield Business School and Warwick Business School. John has managed New Wave Marketing for 12 years with clients in the capital equipment, security and equipment distribution sectors. John will lead the marketing strategy section of the workshop.